Friday, July 24, 2009

Digital Native, Digital Immigrant?


Having been born in the 90's i am classed as a Digital Native. As Mark Prensky (2001) states, "they have spend their entire lives surrounded by and using computers, videogames, digital music players, video cams, cell phones, and all the other toys and tools of the digital age". I wouldn't class myself as a person who knows everything about the new technologies of the century, but i have learnt many things during my time at school and i have taught myself (through trial and error) along the way. Although i had computers in the classroom during primary school i could say that i was taught the Digital Immigrant way as my teachers were not technolgy literate and as a result we were taught sit up straight and face the board, how can they say this is a fun type of teaching? Bring on the TV, videogames, and internet to put the fun back into learning. Come on, "Just Do It!" (Prensky, 2001).

No comments:

Post a Comment